Zesty Salmon Cakes
1 (14.5 ounce) can of Salmon
¼ cup green onion
¼ cup yellow onion minced
¼ cup grated carrot
1/3 cup celery- finely diced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ Tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
A few grinds of fresh black pepper
¼ cup almond meal
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons ghee
Lemon wedges to serve
- Open the can of salmon, drain the liquid from the can, and transfer the salmon to a mixing bowl. Use your fingers to break up the fish into flakes and remove the bones.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the salmon and mix well with hands to combine.
- Measure about 1/3 cup scoop of the mixture and form into a patty that is approximately 1 inch think and 2 inches wide. Continue making patties until all the mixture is used- it should make approximately 4-6 patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and melt the ghee.
- Add 3-4 patties at a time (or whatever will fit) into the skillet and fry each side approximately 3 minutes or until browned. Continue cooking all the salmon cakes until they are all finished.
- Serve with roasted garlic aioli and lemon wedges.