Herbed Potato Salad
2 pounds of small golden potatoes
2/3 cup of mayonnaise
1/3 cup each of chopped herbs: Italian parsley, basil, cilantro, and green onions
1 medium shallot in a small mince
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by scrubbing the potatoes. Place them in a large pot and fill with enough water to just cover. Add a sprinkle of salt and heat over medium-high heat. You want to leave the skins in tact. Let the pan simmer, covered for about 20-25 minutes. You will know that the potatoes are done when you can pierce the flesh of the potatoes with a knife with minimal resistance.
2. Gently, pour the potatoes in the colander in the sink, and lightly rinse them with cold water. Let the potatoes cool completely.
3. Once cooled, cut the potatoes into desired sized pieces.
4. In a large bowl toss the potatoes, mayonnaise and herbs together and season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover and chill the salad in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
I serve my potato salad as a side dish to barbecued meats, burgers, or any type of picnic foods.
Pingback: Hamburgers with Grilled Portabella Mushrooms & Eggplant | Alicia TL Hamilton