Now that the weather is heating up I really only want to have cold drinks. For me, a great cup of iced coffee with some coconut cream really hits the spot each morning. I usually only do one smaller cup per day so I make only enough cold brew coffee concentrate to last 3 days at a time then I remake it every few days. If you are used to drinking more than one cup per day or you have multiple people drinking it then you could easily double or triple this recipe.
Here is what you will need:
1 cup of ground coffee of choice
3 cups room temperature water
A large pitcher, french press, mason jar, or bottle with lid (size will depend of if it is a single, double, or triple batch)
a fine mesh strainer
1. Place coffee grounds in the bottom of jar or pitcher
2. Add the water and wet the grounds thoroughly and use a spoon to mix well, making sure that all the grounds are adequately wet.
3. Place the lid on the jar and let sit at room temperature for 12-15 hours.
4. Using the mesh strainer, strain out the coffee grounds, reserving the liquid.
5. Place coffee concentrate in the fridge until ready to drink.
The concentrate will last covered in the fridge for approximately 5 days.To make each cup, add one part of coffee concentrate to one part coconut cream, coconut milk, or water and serve over ice. Sometimes I add a Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder with the coffee grounds before adding the water so I get a mocha flavored coffee. Each morning, I simply shake my coffee with equal parts coconut cream in a jar and add some ice and a dash of cinnamon. Shaking it in the jar leaves you with a frothy, caffeinated beverage. Here is what my morning glass usually looks like.