Thai Pineapple Cauliflower Rice
1/2 head of cauliflower processed into rice sized pieces by grating or processing into a food processor
1/2 large red pepper thinly sliced
1 cup sugar snap peas cut in half on an angle
1 carrot cut into a small dice
1/2 yellow onion diced
2 small Thai chilies- thinly sliced (optional if you want it spicy)
1 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 large clove of minced garlic
2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
1 teaspoon Red boat fish sauce
4 scallions thinly sliced
5-6 Thai basil leaves cut into ribbons
1/3 cup cashews
Sesame oil- for drizzling
1. Heat wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil.
2. Once heated, add in the red pepper, carrot, sugar snap peas, onion, Thai chilies, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the riced cauliflower and stir-fry for 2 additional minutes.
4. Add in the pineapple, coconut aminos, fish sauce, Thai basil leaves, green onion and cashews and stir well.
5. Remove from the pan and drizzle with a little sesame oil.
This dish is great served on it’s own or as a side to Chicken Thighs with Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce.