Roasted Garlic Aioli
6 cloves of garlic
Olive oil for drizzling
1 egg yolk from a large egg
1 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard- make sure it is compliant!
1 cup extra light olive oil
¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
Kitchen supplies needed:
A small sheet of foil
Stick blender with immersion blender cup or a wide mouth mason jar
1 cup, spouted measuring cup- I like Pyrex
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place 6 cloves of garlic (peels still on) on the foil and drizzle with a little olive oil and a small sprinkle of kosher salt. Fold the foil into a packet and place in the preheated oven. Roast the garlic in the oven for approximately 35 minutes or until the garlic is soft and slightly browned. Let the garlic cool for a little while before removing the cloves from the peels and smashing and chopping until the garlic is in small pieces.
3. Place egg yolk, water, lemon juice, mustard, and salt at the bottom of the cup.
4. Measure the oil using the measuring cup and pour the oil on top of other ingredients in the cup.
5. Let all the ingredients settle for 45 seconds.
6. Place head of the stick blender all the way at the bottom of the cup. Switch the blender on and slowly lift the head of blender and tilt as necessary until all the oil has been emulsified.
7. Mix in the garlic into the mayonnaise.
Here is the aioli on top of some Zesty salmon cakes.