Cast-iron skillet chicken legs
6 chicken legs
Kosher salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons ghee
Kitchen equipment needed:
Large cast-iron skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the cast iron over medium-high heat. Melt the ghee in the pan.
- Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper.
- Sear each chicken leg in the pan. Brown the chicken 3-4 minutes on one side, turn ¼ turn and brown turning until all sides are browned.
- Once all sides are browned, place the cast-iron skillet into the oven and roast the chicken for approximately 25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Smother the chicken pieces in the smoky apple BBQ sauce or the sauce of your choice.
- Serve with “Warm vegetable slaw with apple-bacon vinaigrette” (see above) or side of choice.